What is a High Frequency Facial Treatment?
High Frequency is an electrical current used to stimulate, sanitise and heal the skin. Generating warmth and oxygen in the skin to increases blood circulation to promote healthy skin.
- It eliminates and prevents acne – has germicidal and bacterial effect.
- Shrinks enlarged pores – with regular use the gentle spray of oxygen molecules produced by high frequency diminish enlarged pores by penetrating deep down in the root of the affected area and cleaning out debris and toxins allowing the pore to quickly regain it’s natural size once again.
Benefits of High Frequency
The High frequency facial is ideal for people who are prone to pimples and blemishes. It improves lymphatic drainage and eliminates toxins and acne, alowing the skin to break and blood to circulate properly around the face.
The High frequency treatment is ideal for mild acne scars. It improves the blood circulation, encourages cell renewal and increased the production of collagen and elastin. These are essential for healing the scars.
It can help cystic Acne to reduce inflammation and heal the cysts faster.
How our High Frequency Facial works?
The high frequency produces low-level electrical currents at high frequencies using high frequency electrodes made of clear tempered glass. When this electrode is firmly inserted into the high frequency handpiece, a gentle alternating current is generated by the high frequency machine which passes through the attached electrode on contact with the skin. The gas electrode is filled with argon or neon gas.
The High Frequency has a germicidal and anti-bacterial effect on the skin heeling acne.
Results from High Frequency Facial
- Improves the condition of oily skin e.g. T-zone areas or blemished skin on back or chest.
- Help reduce bacteria present through the creation of ozone.
- Drying up of the acne and improvement of sebaceous glands
- Quick healing time for large pustules
- Reduction in the number of breakouts
- Improves skin texture and oxygen intake to the skin and the overall look and feel of the skin.
Aftercare following your treatment
Protect your skin
Following your treatment it is very important to follow an aftercare routine to protect your skin from sun damage and skin dehydration.
- Avoid using any skin care products on the treated area
- Maintain a skin care routine
- Apply SPF30+ to the treated area
- Wear loose clothing around the treated area as to not irritate the area
- Keep the treated area covered from sunlight to avoid sun damage
- Stay hydrated by drinking water throughout the day
- Avoid exfoliation, retinol products and shaving the treated area for 48 hours
- Avoid gym, sauna, steam, sauna and hot baths for 48 hours
- Use proscribed products to help regulate sebum prouction